Sunday, October 16, 2011

Annnnndddd We're Off!



Alright, now that the obligatory "why the hell am I here" explanation is out of the way, I can start using this the way I intended to, as a forum for me to talk about...stuff. I have no idea how often I'll be here. I do still have other obligations, beyond the demands of daily life. And while this is still uncensored, there will be some things that I won't go in to, as I still need to respect my various embargos. But I do plan to try to put something here as often as I can.

So here I sit, feet up, Back to the Future III on my TV (one of my favorite film franchises), Pea just ran off to bed while I sit here and try to find my muse. I have three reviews I need to write, one of which really should go up tomorrow morning as soon as the embargo lifts, but I just can't quite find that spark to get me going. Everything I write begins with that. A spark. A burst of inspiration that drives the entire piece. Without it, I'm left with a hodgepodge of incomplete thoughts, fragmented in so many ways that they will be meaningless if I choose to actually put them to paper. Given that it's now 8:55pm, I hope I find it soon. I actually intended to go to bed early tonight. Yeah, probably not.

I can't complain too much though. I did get a ton of much-needed rest this weekend. I'm still in recovery mode (no, I won't elaborate from what; let's just say that I've had some troubling health issues as of late), so this weekend has done me a load of good. I rested, slept (a lot), watched a few movies (the BttF Trilogy), played some games (Dungeon Defenders and NBA Jam: On Fire Edition), visited with family when they came over to check on me and....yeah, that was pretty much it. Now that the weekend is coming to a close, it suddenly dawns on me that October is halfway over already. How the hell did I lose 2 weeks? I would have sworn that the 1st was just a couple of days ago. I mean, sure, this has been an eventful month, but 2 weeks? Really? Next thing I know, Santa will be dropping through the chimney...

No comments:

Post a Comment